Michael (Mike) Elwell is a seasoned and accomplished Senior Chemicals Technology and Innovation Executive with an international career spanning 28 years in the Petrochemicals and Materials Industry sector. Before starting his industrial career, he spent 2 years as a lecturer (assistant professor) in Organic and Polymer Chemistry at the University of Manchester, UK. He has a strong reputation across the Chemicals and Plastics industry with demonstrated and successful track record of commercializing the innovative product and process developments across various industries and applications. His geographic business experiences encompass Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific.
- Founded MELWELL Technology and Innovation Consulting E.I. in 2018.
- Chief Executive Officer, LOMOX Limited, UK (2018-2022). OLED Display Technology.
- Chief Technology Officer, Aliaxis Group (2015-2018). Polymer Fluid Handling Solutions.
- Global Director for Corporate Innovation and R&D, AkzoNobel N.V. (2012-2015). Paints, Protective and Decorative Coatings, and Specialty Chemicals
- Global Research and Development Director of R&D, Huntsman Advanced Materials (2007-2012). Specialty Chemical Components and Formulated Systems.
- Global Technology Leader, The Dow Chemical Company (1995-2006). Polyurethanes, Specialty Chemicals, Epoxy Products and Intermediates, Polyolefins, Organic Printable Electronics, Aqueous Systems, Surfactants and Detergents.